Tuesday, November 28, 2006

thoroughly annoyed...

can i just say that people are dumb? like they really really annoy me. every day i check my education email account and every day, i get new emails of questions from this and that...when i've already answered those questions. if ppl would only take the time to search the folder, they would realize that "hey, everything's there!"

and what makes me really really livid is the fact that a few days prior to our monthly meetings, i tell sites to notify me of any cheques they need in advance. i get some responses from the sites who are more on top of things but there are always always several sites who fail to acknowledge my email and ask me one or two days before they need a cheque. "Jennifer, I need a cheque for a workshop we're holding in two days." IT PISSES ME OFF! like what the hell?

it takes time for me to get my stuff together, to write the cheque, to get a hold of naomi to sign the cheque...so for them to request it on such a short notice....GRRR. the other thing is picking up the cheque: i get email messages all the time from these idioits all the time, "Jennifer, I'm unavailable to pick up the cheque until Wednesday at 5:30pm, can you check the office hour schedule for me to see if anyone will be there at that time?" or "Jennifer, I can't make it onto Keele campus until Friday night, do you think you could give me the cheque at that time?" HELLO? do i live on FESA? i have OTHER priorities and demands too! what was really funny at the last meeting was how someone complained to the dean about having to balance between school and teaching and how it was difficult. WELCOME to the concurrent world!

aa;sdligas;dighioa;sehg;aosijdgas.....ARGH!

3 comments:

dAnIeLa said...

aa;sdligas;dighioa;sehg;aosijdgas.....ARGH!

that was my favorite part of the post.
people are dumb. i agree.
but sometimes i am frantic and last minute too so i feel bad about railing on them...although i did with u and nay just about oh 15 minutes ago.
at any rate u are doing a great job this year money gal!
so keep it up!
who knows u could be the one to make the sites understand that people live complex lives made up of many demands and priorities...and consequently they are not one of urs...
haha.
the sites will forever be a horrible horrible memory of our year as exec.
love ,
d

Nay said...

i totally was gonna quote jenn's little 'argh' and u took it from me. ha ha.

ummm....all i can say is hang in there hun. u are doing everything u can do, so no worries there. and as d mentioned, sites will a horrible memory in our last year. although they were a horrible memory for u both last year as employment directors as well...ho hum.

Steven said...

Common sense isn't so common....I love that line...it applies to this blog so well.