Sunday, December 09, 2007

On Being Socially Awkward

Do you ever go somewhere and simply try to be yourself, and then when you get home and think about it, you're embarrassed about some of the things you've said?

This happens to me all the time. I go to an event, meet people, talk to them, and then go home and slap myself for saying stupid things. The thing is, I know that one of my weaknesses is in my speech. I tend not to be very clear about what I'm talking about, and sometimes what has happened is when someone asks me a question, I tend to give them a whole background answer but forget to answer the actual question. (I have a classic example of this if anyone wants to know what I mean).

I mean, it's okay to act this way...to be a dumbass and unclear with a group of friends who know me and understand this...but to be like this with complete strangers or unfamiliar people? Many times, in looking back in retrospect, I hate myself....

No comments: