Tuesday, June 20, 2006

White people wanted!!

So it seems that during summer time, most casual conversations revolve around how people's weekend went...and the topic of cottages always pops up. An example of such conversations goes something like this:

"So what are your plans for this weekend?" - Jenn
"Oh, my friends and I are going to a friend's cottage to spend the weekend. It's going to be great! I'm so hyped...what about you?" - someone else
"Um, nothing much...working this Friday and Saturday..." - Jenn

OR

"Hey, how was your weekend?" - Jenn
"It was AWESOME!! Me and my buddies went up to a friend's cottage and just chilled...(blah, blah, blah)...how was your weekend?" - someone else
"..." - Jenn

Conversations such as these make me wonder why I am not one of those individuals who spends fabulous weekends relaxing at cottages. And I think I have found the answer to this question: All my friends are immigrants! I don't have any white friends which is why I don't have a cottage to go this year, or last year or the year previous...or the years previous to that. So I'm always going to be faced with this situation until I find myself some white friends. So, if you are a white person looking for a Chinese friend to eat some chow fun with, or know of any white people, who happen to own a cottage, and would love to make friends with a Chinese girl to eat chow mein with, please refer her/him to me.

4 comments:

Nay said...

i was with jenn when she was testing this theory of 'white people=cottage fun.' it was pretty funny. and then i invited her to go with me to my friend's cottage and she refused. even though this girl friend will be on FESA next year and eventually be jenn's friend. but apparenlty that wasn't good enough for her.

but i hear ya jenn, with this whole cottage business. i have never been to one before. i don't think i have any real white friends either. meh.

Anonymous said...

but naomi aren't u always saying ur white

Nay said...

dude i am white...but not canadian white. i just look white...and act like it at times...but with a fobby accent that comes and goes.

i'm a complicated child.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, but it's hard. I tried.

Good Luck and if you succeed tell me how you did it! And talking about racism...

I mean, I'm active, I don't see why they would ignore me for my race.