Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Chased by Canadian Geese

i've been taking it really easy lately which i know i'm definitely going to pay for later. i have so much stuff due but since it's a few weeks' time away, i've been just idling and taking naps and reading for pleasure again.

anyway, one of those pleasures i experienced today was a walk. there are some nice paths/trails by my house (like a 20 min walk away); so simon and i took the liberty of going for a walk after dinner. there was a pond and lots of trees and shrubs...and naturally, a lot of mosquitoes. i must have sweet blood or something cause they feasted on my flesh. i'm so itchy right now.

anyway, while we were walking, i noticed a pack of canadian geese (like 30 or 40 of them) by the pond. they were sort of lined up single file to take a dip in the pond. so naturally, being curious about them, i stood nearby to watch. one of those suckers noticed me and started waddling towards me fast! the rest of them turn their heads and about 20 of them start coming after me. i back away and start waving my arms to show that i had no food. i even said aloud several times, "no food, no food." at this point, simon starts laughing hysterically at me while i run away.

i know they'll do me no harm but i just didn't want them right around my legs in case they start pooping or something. (i was wearing sandals).

7 comments:

Nay said...

ok, that is the funniest thing i have ever read. lol.
i can picture your reaction right now.
i would totally be standing there with simon cracking up too. maybe even pointing and laughing...and you know D would as well.
oh man.
classic.
i love it!

nay.

Nay said...

does no one else find this funny?
come on!

man, where is simon when u need him....

nay.

JenNiferHY said...

Ya, no one found it funny except for Simon and I. And I only laughed about it after I got away from the geese...it was serious business getting away from them.

Nay said...

lol.
oh man.
still, too funny.

nay.

Steven said...

Hi Jen, I dunno, those geese can go crazy at times. I wouldnt trust them so I think you did the right thing by running away. When I was younger (5 years old) a swan chased me around until I hid behind my fat uncle. Im pretty sure that thing would have pecked me to death.

JenNiferHY said...

LMAO...that was the funniest thing ever, Steve!! when my brother was little @ santa's little village, he lured a baby deer onto one of those merry go around roundabouts where you just keep pushing and it spins? anyway, when my stupid brother finally stopped, the baby deer came off stumbling and puked on the ground!! i still hold it against him to this day...

i'm not sure why i told you that story but you know...since we're on the topic of animals...

Nay said...

umm..i think you told us (D and I) that story before jenn...and i am just as disturbed by it now as i was when i first heard it. that is sooo mean.

and since we are talking about animals, i would just like to say that i once rode my grandpa's donkey...yes, we have donkey's in lebanon...my grandpa was old school...and it was kinda fun...until he started to walk downhill on the driveway to where his house was and i started freaking out because i felt like i was gonna fall off. I still have the pic of me on the donkey. oh man. good times.

sorry, my story is not as funny as being chased by geese or swans, but its the best i can do for on the spot story telling.

nay 'you caught me off gaurd' yehia