Monday, July 10, 2006

Cultural Difference

Twice in one day? I know...I guess I have a lot to say, or perhaps a lot of time on my hands. just a small question to ask. which one of your parents are you more afraid of when they are mad?

i had an argument with my dad this morning. he rarely gets really angry so when he does, he's a little scary. my parents and i have different viewpoints on a lot of things, partly because i think i was raised here and they were raised in hong kong. they tell me that the education system here allows children to be defiant and disrespectful. b/c when they were growing up, they were never allowed to voice their disagreements with their parents...something which simon and i have no problem doing.

1 comment:

Nay said...

yes. we all definitely have our differences with our parents. and i think your right, in that the differences are probably bigger when they are born outside of canada. different cultural rules and practices and ways of life.

i don't know who i am more afraid of when they are mad. i mean my dad will show more emotion with than my mom, but my mom can get just as angry. know what mean? so i cant really answer that question. i know as kids we were definitely more scared of our father.

interesting questions that you ask, my dear jennifer.

nay.