Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Educational, Environmental & Entertaining - why did they take this show off?


"EARTH!"
"FIRE!"
"WIND!"
"WATER!"
"HEART!"

"Go Planet!"

"By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!"

Captain Planet, he's our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero

He's our powers magnified
And he's fighting on the planet's side

Captain Planet, he's our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero

Gonna help him put asunder
Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"You'll pay for this Captain Planet!"

We're the Planeteers
You can be one too
'Cause saving our planet is the thing to do!

Looting and polluting is not the way
Hear what Captain Planet has to say!

"The Power is Yours!"


6 comments:

Nay said...

umm...cause its nerdy?
lol.
no no, just kidding.
i dont know why they took off the show, but it definitely brought back a lot of memories for me. I totally watched that show as a kid.
:)

Nay said...

Jenn!
I saw Captain Plante this morning before I went to work on TBS! I was like, what a coincidence! So of course I watched it because, like I mentioned before, it brought back so many memories.

Classic line of the episode:

Captain Planet to the Bad Guys called Greedys:
"What's wrong Greedy's? Am I too fast for you? Wouldn't want to LEAF you behind!"
.....

So just so you know, Sat. mornings @ 9am on TBS you can find Captain Planet.
lol.

Steven said...

Jenn did you watch The Smoggies? If you didnt, you would love that show.

JenNiferHY said...

ya, i did watch the Smoggies but i can hardly remember it though. i think those were the early days of me being an immigrant and knowing no english.

thanks naomi for the heads up but unfortunately, my family does not have cable. so i can't watch it on tbs anyway.

:(

Stessy said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYY!! captain planet!! i used to play this in preschool.. its like my earliest memory.. ^_^

Nay said...

do we know stessy?
or is this just another random comment?