Monday, December 18, 2006

Jay Chou brings feelings of euphoria

Before any of you judge me and call me a fob (and by any of you, I only mean Stef), let me explain why Jay Chou brings feelings of euphoria. FYI: Jay Chou is a Taiwanese pop star.

Whenever I play his CD and listen to his music, I am reminded of that summer in Beijing.

For example:
the hot summer nights,
the dazzling lights all lit up on the streets,
the fun and adventure of exploring a city where I'm foreign to the language and culture,
the street vendors where you can purchase delicious treats (if you dare) and the latest Harry Potter book for less than $3 CAD,
the shopping craze that Ken & I went on while there,
the nightly walks I took around my neighborhood,
and most of all...the ridiculously fun time Mike, JoJing, her cousin and I had at his concert.

Listening to his music brings all these images to my mind...and more. (It may also be b/c his is the only Chinese music I listen to).

His music is GREAT! If I had any hesitants about going to his concert previously, they were all quickly banished. He is ONE talented guy!! So...it was after his concert, I developed a crush on him (sorry Ken but I know you love Jessica Alba and Kristen Kruk so we're even).


WOoo HOooo for Jay Chou!! WOoo HOoo for my attempts in trying to maintain my cultural identity!!!

5 comments:

JenNiferHY said...

HA! i knew u would say that! I AM NOT A FOB for liking his music. if you had gone, you would have liked it just as much!

and stop being such a spelling nazi! sheesh!

KT said...

2 *more* things:

she's technically a FOB b/c she was born in HK.

it is spelt "kreuk," not "kruk."

:P

JenNiferHY said...

p.s. you're both gay.

p.p.s. stef, you're not the boss of me? FORBADE?!!! gee whiz...hahaha...gee whiz always makes me laugh.

Nay said...

lol.
oh you asians!
....

nice new look Jenn, for a great new year!

JenNiferHY said...

thanks! i thought so myself!