Monday, January 29, 2007

Unmotivated...

Does anyone else feel highly unmotivated to do any work? Do you have this lax attitude like "I don't care anymore" and slack on your assignments and readings?

That's been my general feeling the past month. I really have to kick myself in order to produce some work. I am feeling a little sick of school, a little sick of work and a little sick of teaching. I think being unemployed would be the best thing right now. To be unemployed and to have no school would be awesome! I could just sit around doing nothing all day...do the things that I always want to do - make my scrapbook, watch some movies, read the newspaper, etc.

Really though, I think the remedy would be a nice long vacation where I don't have the guilt of unfinished homework hanging over my head. I'm not even enthused about beginning my new teaching career because I'm sick of pedagogy - I'm sick of having the same point driven into me...if I hear one more time about how we have to be accommodating and strive for learner-centered lessons, I'm going to karate kick that person.

You know, sometimes I think that maybe the cause of our self-centered and individualistic society is due to the fact we are extremely child-centered. I don't know another culture that focuses so much on the development of the child...or on the needs of the student. Back in the day, children were just left to help out in the fields of the farm or to play amongst themselves...and those kids turned out fine.

But ya, back to topic, I feel unmotivated. I keep saying that I just wanna drop out of school and be a bum.

1 comment:

Steven said...

I feel the same way. I cant wait for these next few months to be over. In fact, I think I may try to escape this North American climate very soon!